Dot Net Deployment Interview Questions
What Is Deployment?
Deployment refers back to the distribution of an software amongst varied end-users. It is a course of that makes software program out there to be used by simply putting in it on the consumer laptop.
List Different Ways Of Deployment That Are Supported By .web Framework 4.0.?
- Windows Installer
- Click onOnce
- Copy Web Site
- Publish Web Site software
What Is Xcopy?
XCOPY allows you to deploy an software by copying the appliance listing and all subdirectories to the goal laptop after which executing the appliance on the consumer. The software begins executing on the goal laptop by utilizing its meeting file, which is a self-description file that incorporates all of the details about the appliance. The XCOPY deployment doesn’t make any influence on the goal system whereas configuring the elements and registering entries, and is due to this fact generally known as zero-impact set up.
Does Xcopy Copy The Hidden And System Files?
No. By default, XCOPY excludes the hidden and system information. However, you possibly can embody the hidden and system information utilizing the /h change.
Why Do You Use Windows Installer?
The Windows Installer deployment approach permits you to deploy Windows-based and Web functions by making a Windows Installer Package. The installer package deal has an extension of.msi and it incorporates the appliance, any dependent information, registry entries, and the remainder. The installer package deal can then be distributed to numerous end-users by merely copying it on the goal computer systems
The end-users can then run the installer package deal to put in the appliance anyplace of their computer systems. The set up takes place utilizing the set up wizard; due to this fact, the customers can simply set up the appliance on their system. Once your software is put in on the goal laptop, end-users can open the appliance from the put in location.
Can You Deploy An Asp.web Web Application Project Using The Copy Web Site Option?
No. The Copy Web Site possibility can solely be used to deploy the Web websites.
How Can You Determine Whether You Should Deploy The Application Or Publish The Application?
If you need to host the appliance on a shared internet hosting surroundings, it’s best to use publishing; whereas, if you wish to create a Web software that’s downloaded from a Web website, it’s best to deploy the appliance to create a setup.exe file.
How Can You Deploy An Asp.web Web Application?
You can deploy an ASP.NET Web software utilizing both the Windows Installer deployment or Click onOnce deployment approach.
What Is Application Cache?
When a Click onOnce software is put in domestically or hosted on-line, it’s saved within the Click onOnce software cache of the consumer laptop. The Click onOnce software cache is a set of hidden directories positioned underneath the Local Settings listing of the present consumer’s Documents and Settings folder. The software cache incorporates all the appliance information, assemblies, configuration information, software and consumer settings, and knowledge listing. In case the Click onOnce functions are hosted on-line, the dimensions of the Click onOnce software cache will get restricted to a specified quantity; whereas, the put in functions don’t prohibit to the cache measurement limitation. The cache storage quota is accountable to find out the dimensions of the appliance cache.
What Are The Enhancements In Clickonce Deployment In .web 4.0?
In .NET 4.0, the Click onOnce deployment know-how is enhanced with the next options:
- Support for .NET Framework 4.Zero model – Creates functions by utilizing Visual Studio 2010 that may goal .NET Framework 4.Zero and its new options.
- Support for a number of variations of the .NET Framework – Creates functions which can be suitable with a number of variations of the .NET Framework. You can specify the goal framework for an software as .NET Framework 3.5 or .NET Framework Four whereas creating the appliance.
- Enhanced logging function – Stores logging info that features varied parameters handed to the Click onOnce runtime, the browser settings, and Click onOnce safety choices.
- Custom Installer and User Interface – Allows you to create a customized graphical consumer interface for putting in and updating the .exe functions. In addition, the customized installer can have customized dialog containers for safety and upkeep operations.
What Is The Difference Between Deploying And Publishing An Application?
In deployment, you possibly can create a brand new setup and deployment challenge. In this challenge, you possibly can add the challenge output and create a setup.exe file. After creating an executable file, it’s essential login into the server and execute the setup.exe file to put in the appliance. On the opposite hand, in publishing, it’s essential right-click the appliance within the Solution Explorer and choose Publish to publish the appliance. Then, you specify a location the place the appliance is to be printed. The customers can then set up the appliance from the situation the place you’ve gotten printed it and run domestically even when the pc is offline.
What Do You Mean By Merge Module Projects?
Merge Module initiatives are used to package deal the information and elements which can be shared between a number of functions. The Merge Module challenge file incorporates the .msm extension. The .msm file contains information, assets, registry entries, and setup logic. This file is merged with a Windows installer (.msi) file to accurately set up the shared information. If a single merge module is utilized by a couple of software, then it’s essential add that merge module within the package deal solely as soon as.
What Is The Need Of Copy Web Site?
Copy Web Site is a software used to deploy the Web website by copying its content information. The Copy Web Site software additionally checks whether or not or not the most recent model of a file is current on the vacation spot. If information of the newest model are discovered on the vacation spot, then the Copy Web Site software doesn’t superimpose the older model of information.
The Copy Web Site deployment software consists of the next essential entities:
Project supply: Specifies the supply listing, which incorporates the contents and references of a Web website at growth time. In easy phrases, you possibly can say that the challenge supply specifies the positioning that you just presently have opened in Visual Studio 2010. The Copy Web Site software picks all of the information for deployment from this location.
Project vacation spot: Specifies the vacation spot folder the place it’s a must to deploy the appliance. This vacation spot listing could be positioned on distant computer systems or servers, which let you copy the Web website contents utilizing the Front Page Server Extensions, FTP, or HTTP protocol implementations for content switch.
Synchronizing two Web websites – Synchronizes two Web websites by copying one another’s information. Synchronization checks the information on the native and distant websites and ensures that each one information on each websites are updated.
What Is The Use Of The Copy Project Command?
The Copy Project command copies solely the information required to run the challenge and pastes it on the goal server. It doesn’t deploy the entire challenge; due to this fact, IIS listing settings usually are not robotically configured.
Can Windows Applications And The Web Applications Be Deployed Using The Same Template Of Setup And Deployment Project?
No. the Windows functions use the Setup Project template; whereas, the Web functions use the Web Setup Project template. After the deployment, their set up takes place in the same manner.
Explain The .web Framework Deployment Features?
In a normal context, .NET Framework contains the next deployment options:
- No-impact functions: Provides software isolation and removes DLL conflicts.
- Private elements by default: Enables the elements to deploy to the appliance listing and to be seen solely to the containing software.
- Side-by-side versioning: Enables you to pick out one of many a number of variations.
- XCOPY deployment and replication: Refers to the self-descriptive software that’s deployed with out the necessity to retailer registry entries.
- On-the-fly updates: Allows for the updating of the DLLs of the distant computer systems.
- Integration with the Microsoft Windows Installer: Makes the options, equivalent to promoting, publishing, Repairing, and install: On-demand out there throughout deployment of an software.
- Enterprise deployment: Eases the duty of software program distribution.
- Downloading and caching: Specifies that the downloads are stored smaller and the elements are remoted for software use.
- Partially trusted code: Enables code-based identification.