HubSpot Contextual Marketing Assessment Answers
Your Marketing Director At ABC Marketing Agency Would Like To Set Up An Email Campaign That Will Use Personalization To Reference A Lead’s Recent Conversion. Is This Possible?
- Yes, this is possible for leads.
- No, this is not something you can personalize.
- Yes, but only if the lead has visited your website “recently” (past 3 months).
- Yes, when the recent conversion was in an email.
Default Content Should Be Optimized For Which Group Above All?
- The segment that you are targeting.
- The highest-valued persona.
- Search engines.
- First time visitors.
You’re Trying To Build Out A Contextual Marketing Strategy At Your Company, But Your Boss Is Not Seeing The Value Of It. How Do You Explain The Benefit Of Personalization?
- Personalization is important for our larger contextual marketing strategy because it allows us to focus on an individual.
- By using personalization, we won’t have to create any new content because the user will always see fresh information.
- Personalization is important for our SEO strategy because it will help our content rank higher in search engine results.
- If we use personalization, we’ll save money on paid advertising.
Which Is NOT A Way To Ensure That The Results From Usability Testing Are Consistently Reliable?
- Don’t hint at or imply that there is a right or wrong answer
- Coach your users during testing so that they get to the right end goal.
- Use a script to ensure that your questions stay the same.
- Record all tests so that you don’t have to rely on memory.
What Kind Of Users Do You Want To Recruit For Usability Testing?
- Employees only. They understand your content so you won’t have to waste time explaining the content during the usability test.
- Customers only. If you know what they like, you can make the best experience for everyone.
- Non-customers that have visited your website before. This user segment is the most important since they are near the end of their buyer’s journey.
- Both customers and noncustomers. A mix of the two emulates your current website traffic to make a good usability test.
In Order To Create A Good User Experience, Simplicity Is An Important Consideration For The Website’s Appeal.
Which Lifecycle Stage Should The Default Website Content Be Geared Towards?
- Marketing Qualified Lead
- Sales Qualified Lead
Your Colleague Jana Wants To Add Contextual Marketing To Your Organization’s Homepage. She Wants To Target Your Company’s Top Buyer Persona “Copywriter Charles.” What Would You Suggest For Jana To Do Next In Planning A Contextual Marketing Strategy?
- Map out the CTA conversion path for all CTAs on the homepage.
- Determine her method for segmenting the homepage visitors.
- Decide what type of smart content (CTA, form, or text) to add to the homepage.
- Draft the content to be shown to “Copywriter Charles.”
True Or False? Personalization Tokens Work For First-Time Visitors For Known Things Like Their Country Location.
True Or False? Most Contextual Marketing Strategies Are Well-Suited For Refining The Default Content To Align With A Particular User Segment’s Needs.
Why Is It Important To Map Out The Conversion Path Of A Smart CTA For Each Segment?
- To ensure you know where you’re sending each segment.
- To ensure that you’re sending each segment to a different page.
- To ensure that you’re sending each segment to a different stage in the buyer’s journey.
- To ensure that you’re sending each segment to the page with the visitor’s preferred language.
In Evaluating Your Company’s Blog Posts From The Past Quarter, Your Boss Sam Has Identified That The Post Called “The Top 3 Ways To Improve Your Marketing” As Being A Top-Performing Post. Sam Wants To Add Contextual Marketing To Show Different ‘Ways To Improve Your Marketing’ To Different Blog Readers Based On Their Lifecycle Stage. Is This A Good Approach?
- “Yes. There are all different lifecycle stages reading the blog, so we can maximize our readership.”
- “Yes. We can change the content for our blog readers, but need to determine if lifecycle stage is the best segment.”
- “No. We cannot change the blog content because it is confusing to RSS readers.”
- “No. Search engines would only see the same content as the lead lifecycle stage.”
Your Colleague Wants You To Add Contextual Marketing To The Landing Page Called “50 Copywriting Mistakes To Avoid Checklist.” Which Of The Following Is Not An Important Factor To Investigate Before Adding Contextual Marketing To The Landing Page?
- The lifecycle stage of the users that visit the landing page.
- The buyer’s journey stage of each individual that submitted the form.
- The submission rate prior to adding contextual marketing.
- The referral source of the users that visit the landing page.
In Order To Begin With Contextual Marketing, You Should Determine The Opportunities. Where Should You Start?
- Low traffic website pages, since there’s more to gain because of the low traffic.
- High traffic landing pages, since you’re getting many views on the pages.
- Emails, since they are already targeted when you send them.
- Blog posts, since they are viewed by all of the different lifecycle stages.
True Or False? You Should Always Start Creating A Contextual Marketing Strategy By Targeting Your Buyer Personas.
True Or False? “Other Campaigns” Is A Segmentation Option Used To Manually Segment Contacts.
An Automated Email That You Send Has A High Click-Through Rate, But The Landing Page That It Promotes Has A Low Conversion Rate. Which Element Would Benefit Most From Contextual Marketing?
- A personalized subject line in the email.
- A smart CTA in the email to show different wording to visitors.
- A smart form on the landing page to ask different questions of visitors who come from the email.
- A personalization token on the landing page that displays the first name of visitors who come from the email.
You Are Evaluating The Bounce Rate Of Your Overall Website Traffic And Find That Users With A Social Media Referral Source Have A Higher Bounce Rate. Which User Experience Principle Will Help To Keep Social Media Visitors Engaged On Your Website?
- Consistency. Show more images in your content.
- Accessibility. Send the users to a more relevant page.
- Consistency. Show a shorter form of your content.
- Accessibility. Use two smart rules.
Your Colleague Jana Is Building A Campaign Around The Longtail Keyword “Landing Page Optimization Services,” Which Is A Service Your Company Provides. What Kind Of Segmentation Should You Use To Add Contextual Marketing In Order To Help Jana Have More Of An Impact On Visitors?
- Segmentation by organic search
- Segmentation by lifecycle stage
- Segmentation by paid campaign
- Segmentation by buyer persona
The Language Of The User’s Choice Is Set By:
- Their choice on your homepage.
- Their browser.
- Their contact record.
- Their first form submission
When Using The Context Of A User’s Mobile Device Type, Which Landing Page Element Should Be First Evaluated For Adding Contextual Marketing?
- The image
- The landing page copy
- The questions on the form
- The redirect page
All Of The Following Are Ways To Improve The Mobile Experience For A Website Visitor EXCEPT:
- Create a shorter version of your forms.
- Add your phone number as a click-to-call link on the homepage.
- Hide any pop-up elements such as chat panes and slide-in CTAs.
- Add more links to keep the visitor engaged.
True Or False? You Can Display Content Variations To Mobile, Tablet Or Desktop Users.
The ABC Marketing Agency Has Become An International Business And You Now Need A Portuguese Version Of Your Website As Soon As Possible. Your Boss Sam Asks You To Create The Second Website Using Smart Content. Why Is This Not The Best Approach?
- Because you can’t target more than one language at a time.
- Because search engines won’t see the Portuguese content.
- Because you can’t apply smart content to change the form language on your landing pages.
- Because search engines will index both languages resulting in confusing search results
When A Visitor’s Location Cannot Be Determined, Which Of The Following Rules Is Displayed?
- The first country smart rule that you created.
- The country smart rule that is closest to their approximate location.
- The default content with no smart rules.
- Your HubSpot account’s default country setting.
How Is The Geography Of A Visitor On Your Website Determined?
- Smart list
- Source code
- Referral source
- IP address
Fill In The Blank: Lifecycle Stages Allow You To Categorize Your Users By _______.
- how far along in their decision-making process they are
- how many website pages they have viewed
- how many times they have spoken with your sales team
- how much time it will take to close a sale
True Or False? When Segmenting By Buyer Persona, Focus On Your Newest Persona First.
When Segmenting By Lifecycle Stage, What Is The First Thing To Decide?
- Decide what existing content maps to each lifecycle stage.
- Decide what qualifies a user for being in each lifecycle stage.
- Create default content to use for each lifecycle stage.
- Create smart lists to label contacts as those lifecycle stages
True Or False? You Must Set Up A Smart List In Order To Segment Users By Country.
Sam, Your Boss At ABC Marketing Agency, Wants Users To Feel More Connected To Your Company. Sam Suggests: “Add A Personalization Token To The Home Page That Says ‘Welcome, First Name.’ I Know That We Need Personalized Content.” How Would You Respond To Sam’s Request?
- “We should add it because big companies like Amazon and Netflix have it.”
- “We might add it. Let’s figure out how the personalized home page adds value to the visitor’s experience on our website.”
- “We can’t add it. Too much traffic is comprised of unknown visitors.”
- “We shouldn’t add it because visitors won’t be comfortable seeing their name on our home page.”
True Or False? A Personalization Token Has A Default Value Set Automatically.
What Are Two Main Reasons To Use Personalization?
- To convert leads into customers and to progress users to the next stage in their buyer’s journey.
- To drive engagement and communicate specifics.
- To convert leads into customers and drive engagement.
- To progress users to the next stage in their buyer’s journey and communicate specifi
In Order To Successfully Use Personalization, You Need To Review Your Contacts Database And Ensure All Of The Following EXCEPT:
- The information is current.
- You have the information needed to be able to personalize.
- The information is accurate.
- Personalization has been enabled for the properties you’re using.
True Or False? You Can Use Custom Contact Properties You’ve Created For Forms As Personalization Tokens.
Your Colleague Jana Would Like To Add A Personalization Token To A Landing Page That Offers “10 Tips To Generate More Leads.” She Would Like To Add The Company Name Property In Order To Connect With The User, Showing That This Ebook Would Be Helpful To The Individual’s Company. How Would You Respond To Jana?
- “Sounds like a good idea. But ‘company name’ isn’t personal enough. Let’s use ‘first name’ instead.”
- “It’s a good idea, but personalization tokens can’t be added to a landing page.”
- “Good idea. Let’s make sure that our forms have been collecting ‘company name’ so the personalization token will be effective.”
- “Good idea. Let’s create a buyer persona segment so our buyer persona will see the personalized field.”
True Or False? You Can Use Personalization Tokens In Email Subject Lines.
How Do Personalization Tokens Differ From Smart Text Created In HubSpot?
- Personalization tokens don’t connect to the contact database.
- Personalization tokens are indexed by search engines.
- Personalization tokens are not indexed by search engines.
- Personalization tokens don’t require segmentation to use them.
True Or False? Holding Interviews With Your Colleagues And Boss Is An Action To Take When Redesigning The User Experience.
It’s Time For Your Monthly Website Performance Review. Your Colleague Jana Has Pulled The Numbers And Finds That Your Homepage Has A 70% Bounce Rate. Is This A Good Rate?
- Yes. A high rate is good because that means the users are ‘bouncing’ from page to page.
- Yes. A high rate is good because that means the users are ‘bouncing’ from top-to-bottom to view the entire page.
- No. A low rate is good because that means the users are not ‘bouncing’ off of your website after arriving on a single page.
- No. A low rate is good because that means the users are not ‘bouncing’ around and reading the content on the page instead.
How Can You Ensure That Your Website Stays Visually Consistent?
- Create a stylesheet.
- Create a style guide.
- Leave it in the hands of your designer.
- You shouldn’t – each page should have a different style
Jana Has Offered To Conduct A Card-Sort To Help With User Testing For Your Company’s New Website. What Is Jana Hoping To Determine With A Card-Sort?
- Your site’s layout.
- The elements in your site’s footer.
- Your site’s navigation.
- Your site’s style
Your Boss, Sam, Has Approved For You To Conduct A Usability Test On Your Company’s Website. Your Next Step Is To Design The Test. All Of The Following Are Important For The Test’s Success EXCEPT:
- That the test only asks users to do one task.
- That the test is designed around a common problem or question that your users have.
- That the test is designed with the criteria for a good user experience in mind.
- That the test asks users to accomplish a series of tasks.
How Can You Ensure That You’re Recruiting The Right Users For Usability Testing?
- Ask the users to categorize themselves into your buyer personas.
- Do an in-person interview with each user first.
- Ask the users to fill out a screener form.
- Get your users from a purchased list of industry verticals.
Which Is NOT A Reason To Do Usability Testing?
- It allows you to see how your typical users use your website.
- It allows you to see where the holes are on your website.
- It allows you to see which of your users are more qualified than others.
- It allows you to see what questions people have.
Why Is A Content Audit Useful?
- It shows you how many conversions you’re getting.
- It shows you how qualified your leads are.
- It shows you where the holes in your content are.
- It shows you how authoritative your site is
What Do You Learn From A Content Audit?
- How many customers each piece of content is generating.
- What your click-through rate is for each offer on your site.
- How many inbound links you’re getting to each piece of content.
- How each piece of content is mapped to the buyer’s journey.
What Are The Two Types Of Main Navigation Menu Structure?
- Lateral and centralized
- Flat and deep
- Horizontal and vertical
- Latitudinal and longitudinal
Where Do You Want To Place A Navigation Menu?
- Just at the top of each website page.
- Just in the footer of each website page.
- Above the fold and in the footer of each website page.
- At the top of the homepage and only in the footer on all other pages.
When Designing Your Navigation, Your Primary Objective Should Be To Include Keywords For Search Engines.
You Offer A Free Trial On Your Products Page. Which Of The Following Would Be Appropriate Wording For The Same Offer On Your Blog CTA?
- “Free trial” – keep your wording the same.
- “Free demo” – different language can appeal to your different buyer personas.
- “Learn more” – intrigue people to click on the offer.
- “Try our product” – a visitor to your blog needs different language than a visitor to your products page.
Which Of The Following Is NOT A Reason To Have Consistency From Page-To-Page?
- According to the “mere-exposure effect” study, humans like familiarity.
- Your website shouldn’t make users do extra work to understand the content between pages.
- Consistency helps the flow of your website.
- Consistency is one of the primary factors for increasing the conversion rate.
At Which Stage Of The Buyer’s Journey Is A User Most Likely To Be If She Is Spending Time On Your Products Page?
- Marketing Qualified Lead
- Sales Qualified Lead
How Many Common User Questions Should Each Page Attempt To Answer At One Time?
- None – your site pages should direct users to landing pages with the answers.
- One – keep each page clear and focused.
- As many answers as you can fit onto the page.
- Five – make sure to answer who, what, when, where and why questions on each page.
How Can You Ensure That The Content On Your Website Will Be Helpful For Your Users?
- It is engaging.
- It can be shared easily on social media.
- It contains keywords.
- It aligns with the buyer’s journey.
- It is optimized for search engines.
Which Of The Following Is NOT One Of The Characteristics A Website Must Have In Order To Create A Good User Experience?
The Most Important Purpose Of A Website With A Good User Experience Is:
- To be visually appealing to its users
- To ensure that its users smile
- To help its users accomplish their goals
- To be as visually streamlined as possible
True Or False? You Want To Promote A New Content Offer To Customers That Visit Your Services Page. This Can Be Accomplished Using Smart Content.
How Can You Avoid Confusing Or Frightening Your Visitors When Creating Contextual Marketing?
- Don’t surprise your visitors with personalization tokens where they don’t expect them.
- Don’t use generic dynamic content – make sure that the information is personal.
- Make your content as friendly as possible.
- Don’t worry about it – over time, internet users will get used to seeing their information.
Your Customer Nina Is Returning To Your Website. Which Messaging Option Would Be The Most Helpful To Nina?
- “Welcome back! Check out our latest blog post.”
- “Hi Nina! Ready for a demo with our team?”
- “Need some help, Nina? Click to contact our support team.”
- “Request a free trial here.”
You Begin To Optimize Your Website Content For Search Engines And Visitors Alike. Which Stage Of The Buyer’s Journey Should This Content Be For?
- The Awareness Stage
- The Consideration Stage
- The Decision Stage
- All stages because all types of buyers visit your website.
How Can Contextual Marketing Help To Make Your Website More Accessible For Your Visitors?
- It can’t – contextual marketing should be limited to your targeted emails and not placed on your website.
- It will generate an individual navigation menu for each visitor.
- You can add in personalization tokens to help guide the visitor through each page.
- You can offer the visitor relevant content upfront instead of making them search for it.
Your Colleague Shane Wants To Add Contextual Marketing To All Of Your Company’s Landing Pages By The End Of This Month. You Respond By Telling Shane That This Isn’t A Recommended Approach Because:
- It’s easy to get overwhelmed and best to start small in your efforts.
- Some content offers are for first-time visitors which means the landing page can’t use contextual marketing.
- It’s only possible to personalize one section of the website at a time.
- Your visitors will be confused by having different options on each landing page
True Or False? Dynamic Content Consists Of Entirely Randomized Content.
Which Of The Following Is NOT A Way That Contextual Marketing Can Help To Increase Conversion Rates?
- It delivers offers that are more easily found in search engine results.
- It delivers offers that are relevant to the visitor’s needs.
- It delivers offers that align with the correct stage of the visitor’s buyer’s journey.
- It delivers offers that are new for the visitor.
Contextual Marketing Is Used In Which Stage Of The Inbound Methodology?
- All of the stages
How Does Contextual Marketing Help You Create A Good User Experience?
- It can help you maintain consistency across your website.
- The newness of the technology is appealing to the user.
- It delivers content that is relevant to the user’s needs.
- It helps users find your website through their online searches.